(Recipe adapted from Carol)
45g egg whites
50g fine sugar
60g icing sugar
65g almond meal
*I blend whole almonds with skin, so there are speck of brown on my macarons
1 drop of orange & yellow Wilton colouring
1. Sift almond meal & icing sugar together.Set aside for later use.
2. Whisk egg whites until foamy, add in sugar gradually & whisk until the egg white mixture becomes shiny & stiff peaks.
3. Fold in all the dry ingredients into the egg whites batter until just combined. Remove a bit of the batter & add in colouring.
4. Pipe the plain batter onto silpat mat. Rap the baking tray on table top a few times to spread the batter slightly.
5. Pipe the coloured batter on top of the plain batter (gudetama's face). Then, use a toothpick & add a dab of white for gudetama's mouth & 'reflections'.
6. Set it aside for the shells' surface to dry up.
7. Preheat oven to 200C, slide the tray of dried macarons into the oven, off the heat immediately & keep the oven door ajar with a thick glove placed in between, for 6mins.
8. Once the 6mins is up, close the oven door . Bake the macarons at 170C for 1min & lower the heat to 160C for 3mins, 140C for 5mins. Then off oven heat & keep oven door ajar with glove placed in between for another 5mins.
9. Remove from oven & let it cool completely before removing from the silpat mat.
Post a Comment