Double Chocolate Cake
(recipe adapted & modify slightly from here)
125g Cowhead salted butter
50g white chocolate
50g dark chocolate
225g Blue Jacket Plain Flour
1 tsp baking powder
40g cocoa powder
110g fine sugar
200g chocolate chips
some chopped almond nuts
300ml non dairy cream
1 Tbsp rum
*Cointreau & kuromitsu (optional)
*Cream cheese frosting (optional)
1. Melt butter & both chocolates in a microwave. Mix together till combined & set aside to cool.
2. Sift all dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Add all wet ingredients together in another bowl.
3. Pour the wet ingredients & the chocolate mixture into the dry ingredients, then roughly fold together.
4. Pour batter into a tin lined with baking paper. Bake in a preheated oven @ 160C for 30mins.
5. Once cake is out from oven, poke multiple holes using a satay stick on the cake. Pour the syrup over the cake & set aside till cool. Frost & decorate the cake as desired.
This chocolate cake is very chocolately & soft.
The syrup added keep the cake moist & the Cointreau taste is strong.