Both my hubby & I are not really fans of bananas. Whenever my mil gives us bananas, I will always remind my hubby to eat them else the bananas will sit on my kitchen table top until their skin turn black & I throw them away. Yeah I know it is such a waste.. if only Singapore allows monkey as pets :P
Well, I had a bunch of bananas this week (again! =P) & is wondering what should I do with them. I chanced upon Wendy's banana cake recipe. Since this is her all time favorite recipe & is very well-rated from other bloggers, I decided to give it a try.
Banana Cake(Recipe adapted & modify from Wen's Delight)
150g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
100g corn oil
1 Tbsp baileys
Chopped walnuts + extra sliced bananas
1. Sieve flour, baking powder & baking soda together twice & set aside.
2. Whisk eggs, sugar, bailey & bananas till ribbon stage.
3. Fold in sifted flour & mix well.
4. Add in oil & walnut. Mix well.
5. Pour some batter into baking tin & add in sliced bananas. Pour in the remaining batter.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 170 degrees for 40mins.
Verdict: This is indeed a very soft & moist banana cake. The aroma of bananas is heavenly when my cake is baking in the oven. Definitely a good recipe to keep... but that doesn't make me love bananas. LOL ;P