Hanushi (from Simply hanushi) & I had a great time baking together at my place this afternoon! We were cracking our brains last week thinking of what to bake. Hanushi suggested baking 'Roti Boy' & green tea buns (she is a green tea lover!) while I suggested to do Ang Ku Kueh since 'kueh' is the theme for Aspiring Bakers this month.
Black Glutinous Ang Ku Kueh
(Recipe adapted & modify from Happy Flour)
130g glutinous rice flour
20g black glutinous rice flour
50g sweet potato (steamed & mashed)
1/2 tbsp oil
*Any fillings of your choice (we use yam paste from PH)
1. Mix all the dough ingredients together & knead to form a soft dough.
2. Wrap the dough up & rest it in the fridge for 10mins.
3. Weigh 28g of dough for skin & wrap 14g of filling into the dough & seal opening.
4. Place the kueh into a greased mould & press it to set the shape.
5. Knock out the kueh & place it on a piece of baking paper.
6. Steam for 10mins & brush some cooking oil on the surface of the kuehs.
** We are submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #12: Traditional Kueh (October 2011) hosted by Small Small Baker.
Roti Boy / Green tea buns
(Recipe adapted & modify from Lucky Inn 幸福小站)
Both of us heart these Roti Boy. The crust is thin & crunchy while the bun is so soft inside.
Green tea buns for our breakfast tomorrow ;)