" Nursing is not for everyone. It takes a very strong, intelligent, and compassionate person to take on the ills of the world with passion and purpose and work to maintain the health and well-being of the planet. No wonder we're exhausted at the end of the day! "
~Donna Wilk Cardillo
Happy Nurses' Day to all my dear friends, colleagues, students & nurses all over the world.
(Recipe adapted & modified from Bake for a Queen)
3/4 cup ground almonds
1 cup icing sugar
2 egg whites
1/4 caster sugar
1 Tbsp matcha powder
125g red bean paste
25g butter, soften to room temperature
1 Tbsp milk*Mix all together until smooth
1. Sift ground almonds & icing sugar in a bowl.
2. Whisk egg whites with mixer until bubbly. Gradually beat in caster sugar & whisk to make glossy & firm meringue.
3. Using a spatula, fold almond mixture into the meringue 1/3 at a time. When all the dry ingredients are thoroughly incorporated, continue to cut & fold the mixture until it forms a thick batter.
4. Pipe onto silpat mat. Tap the baking pan firmly on work surface & let it stand at room temperature until shells are dry.
5. Preheat oven to 150C & bake for 20 minutes depending on the size.