(recipe adapted & modify slightly from Baking Taitai)
230g Blue Jacket Bread Flour
15g Blue Jacket Cake Flour
5g Sakura powder
30g fine sugar
1 tsp instant dry yeast
1 egg yolk
135g cold milk
30g unsalted butter
1/4 tsp salt
Strawberry Jam (solid jam) / 苺ジャム(粒ジャム)
*These will melt into jam after baked
1. Mix all ingredients (except butter & salt) in a mixer fitted with a dough hook & knead till dough is soft & elastic.
2. Add in butter & salt. Continue to knead till the window pane stage. Knead in solid strawberry jam. Proof for 1hr.
3. De-gas & divide the dough into 12 portions. Bench rest for 15mins.
4. Flatten each dough, roll into an oval shape, making the ends slightly thinner than the centre. Fold half into a semi-circle & press lightly to seal. Place the semicircle side at the bottom of the greased loaf pan. Repeat until complete. Proof for another 1hr.
5. Bake in a preheated oven @180C for 20mins.
Knead in some solid strawberry jam
After kneading in the jam, proof the dough for 1hr.