(recipe adapted from joyofbaking)
113g Cowhead salted butter
350g fresh sweet cherries
130g Blue Jacket Cake flour
55g ground almonds
1.5 tsp baking powder
150g fine sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Remove from heat & set aside for later use.
2. Rinse, dry, pit all the cherries & cut into quarters.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the sifted flour, ground almonds & baking powder.
4. Whisk eggs & sugar until thick & pale colored in a mixer. Beat in the vanilla extract. Then, with a balloon whisk, fold in the melted & cooled butter & milk till combined. Fold in the flour mixture & the quartered cherries. Pour the batter into a lined 8" pan.
5. Bake in a preheated oven @ 160C for 40mins.