My hubby bought this mentaiko during his recent business trip in japan. Expensive stuff but the taste is really good =)
Flower sushi roll
1.5 piece of nori seaweed
1 cup of cooked rice
1 Tbsp sushi vinegar
1. Add rice vinegar into cooked rice. Weight out 150g rice & add mentaiko. Mix well.
2. Divide a piece of nori seaweed into 6 equal smaller pieces. Wrap 25g of mentaiko rice mixture into each seaweed.
3. Put the 6 mentaiko seaweed rolls together to form a flower & roll tightly with a sushi mat.
4. Take out another 1/2 piece of nori seaweed. Lay the remainder rice on top. Put the flower roll on top & roll up tightly using sushi mat again.
5. Slice the sushi with a sharp knife into 6 pieces.
Take a look at my mentaiko flower sushi roll. Aren't they cute? Itatakemas *^_^*