Japanese Cheesecake(Recipe adapted & modify from Small Small Baker)
200g cream cheese
26g plain flour
4 egg yolks
4 egg whites
1 lemon zest
1. Cut cream cheese into small cubes & soak in milk for 30mins. Melt the butter over hot water.
2. Place the bowl of cream cheese & milk mixture over double-boiler. Keep stirring until the mixture is thick & no lumps. Add the melted butter & mix well. Remove from heat to cool.
3. Sift in the flour & cornflour, mix well. Add the egg yolks & mix well. Make sure the mixture is smooth. Add in lemon zest.
4. Beat the egg whites until foamy. Add the sugar gradually while whipping until soft peaks form.
5. Add the egg white mixture into the cheese mixture, fold in gently until just blended.
6. Pour the batter into a greased and lined tin. Bake in a water bath at 150C for 20mins until the cake surface shows a slight colour change. Reduce the temperature to 100C & bake for another 40mins.
7. Remove cake from the oven. Remove cake from the mould & leave on the rack to cool.
A light cheesecake with peaches, simply awesome!
Happy Birthday to me! *^_^*