Mrs NgSK's Vanilla Butter Cake (Recipe adapted from Table for 2)
230g salted butter, softened
50g + 140g sugar
200g plain flour
1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
1. Separate the eggs. Beat egg whites until soft peak & add in 50g sugar gradually. Beat till stiff peak & set aside.
2. Cream butter & 150g sugar till pale & fluffy. Put in vanilla seeds & beat for a while. Add in egg yolks one by one till well mixed.
3. Sift in flour & mix on low speed until incorporated. Add in milk in 2 additions & mix until well incorporated. Mix in balance of flour.
4. Put 1/2 the egg whites in & mix on low speed. Pour the balance egg whites in & fold.
5. Pour batter into pan & bake in a preheated oven @ 160 degrees for 45mins.
Verdict: Just like what Wendy had mentioned, it is a non cracked butter cake, soft & fluffy!Hard to resist & I ate 4 pieces after slicing. Thumbs up! ;)
Wow! Mrs NgSk's butter cake recipe seems to be going round very well! It's a good recipe to keep!
Yes, definitely! :)
Post a Comment