(Recipe adapted & modify from The Second Book of Baking for Beginners)
1 tsp instant yeast
1 egg, lightly beaten
250g plain flour
50g cold cubed salted butter
60g Reese's peanut butter chips
1. Simmer the milk about to boil & stir in sugar. Add in yeast & leave aside for 5mins. Add in the egg. Set aside.
2. Sieve plain flour into mixing bowl. Add in the butter & rub until it resembles bread crumbs.
3. Pour (1) into (2) & mix with spatula then by hand. Mix quickly to form a dough.
4. Add in the peanut butter chips & proof for 1 hour.
5. Place the dough on a lightly dusted working surface. Roll out into rectangle shape. Fold 1/3 to the center. Top up with the other 1/3 portion. Repeat this process for another 2 times.
6. Cut into triangle shapes. Place on lined baking sheet. Proof for 1hr.
7. Brush the surface of the scones with some milk. Bake in preheated oven 170C for 15mins.
I don't think I;ve had a scone in more than 5 years! this makes me want one so bad!!
hehehe, Try these out. I'm sure you will love them. They are very soft & yummy! :)
The scones are so 'plump', really look good in its shape. Hehe...
hahaha, they are fat & super soft. ;)
this is a new method to me making scones, thanks for sharing the recipe. I dont have this book but i know it's quite a popular one..
You gotta try these, its awesome ;)
Welcome back Cathy! Hope you'll get used to the life here...again! :)
Btw, I have an award to share with you. Hop over to my blog to receive it. Thanks!
Haha, I am still adapting the life here all over again :P
Thanks for the award :)
Post a Comment