I was amazed by the little cupcake ice cream when I read Jasmine's blog (from 'The Sweetylicious'). I told myself I had to try them & here they are...
Chocolate cupcakes with buttercream, sprinkled with peanuts & topped with a sweet cherry
Recipe (by Donna Hay)
- 125g butter
- 125ml milk
- 165g caster sugar (I reduced to 155g)
- 100g dark chocolate, melted
- 2 eggs
- 16 storebought flat base ice-cream cones
- 190g plain flour
- 80g dark chocolate, extra, chopped (I used white chocolate chips)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1. Preheat oven to 160°C.
2. Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until light and creamy.
3. Gradually add the eggs and beat well after each addition. Sift over the flour, baking powder and cocoa and beat until combined. Fold through the milk and stir in the chocolate.
4. Place the ice-cream cones on a baking tray and place some white chocolate chips in the base of each cone. Spoon the cupcake mixture into the cones and bake for 20–25 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
5. Allow to cool & decorate as desired.