Matcha Macarons 抹茶馬卡龍
(recipe adapted from Carol)
65g almond powder (I grind my own using whole almonds)
60g icing sugar
1 Tbsp good quality matcha powder
45g egg white
50g fine sugar
1. Sift ground almond, icing sugar & matcha powder in a bowl.
2. In a clean mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites till frothy & add sugar gradually. Whisk till stiff peak.
3. Add almond mixture in (1) into (2). Use a spatula to mix till the batter is smooth & falls off the spatula in a thin flat ribbon.
4. Pipe the macarons onto a silpat mat. Let the shells dry until the tops are no longer sticky when touch.
5. Bake the macarons according to your oven temp (I follow Carol's temperature & duration).
let the shells cool down after out from oven before sandwich using your favourite fillings *^_^*