Tuesday, June 5, 2018
(recipe adapted & modify slightly from Cooking with Dog)
100g Blue Jacket Cake Flour
2 tsp matcha powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 egg, separated
Chestnut puree (optional)
sakura flowers, soaked in water & dried
1. In asmall bowl, sift flour, matcha & baking powder.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolk with water & sugar till well combined.
3. Whisk egg white till peak stage. Fold in whites into yolk batter till combined.
4. Spoon some batter into cupcake liners, then add in a small scoop of chestnut puree. Cover with more batter till almost full to brim. Top with one sakura flower.
5. Steamed the mushipan over medium heat for 10mins.