Banana Coconut Cotton Cake
(recipe adapted from My Mind Patch)
40g vegetable oil
50g Blue Jacket Plain Flour
25g coconut milk
50g banana, mashed
3 egg yolks
3 egg whites
35g fine sugar
1. Heat up oil in a pot until convection current starts to appear at the bottom of the oil. Remove pot from stove & sift in flour till smooth.
2. Blend coconut milk & banana together. Add in eggs gradually & whisk till combined.
3. Pour mixture (2) into (1) & whisk till smooth. Set aside.
4. Whisk egg yolks till foamy & add in sugar gradually. Whip till almost stiff peak stage. Scoop 1/3 of the meringue into the egg yolk batter. Mix well. Pour the yolk batter into the remaining meringue & fold till the batter is smooth.
5. Pour batter into a 6" tin lined with baking paper. Steam bake in a preheated oven at 160C for 1hr.