Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Ice Cream Scoop Cookies

What is Chinese New Year without Almond Cookies? Let me present you my 'Ice Cream Scoop' Almond Cookies. These cookies are very crispy & addictive. What I love most is that these cookies are made of wholemeal flour. 

My 'Ice Cream Scoop' Almond Cookies recipe can also be found in the book, 'Bake & Celebrate Cookies & Treats' published by Marshall Cavendish. This cookbook consists of a collection of 42 cookie recipes & is now available in major bookstores in Singapore & Malaysia.

Ice Cream Scoop Cookies 
 
Ingredients:
120g Cowhead salted butter
60g icing sugar 
50g ground almonds
130g Blue Jacket Wholewheat Flour
1 tsp vanilla extract 

Method: 
1. Sift flour & ground almonds together in a bowl. Set aside for later use. 

2. With an electric mixer, cream butter & sugar together in a mixing bowl until pale in colour. Add in vanilla extract & whisk till combined.

3. With mixer on low speed, gradually add in flour & almond mixture. Whisk until a soft dough is formed.

4. Use a cookie scoop to scoop out the dough & press the cookies onto a silpat mat. Placed the baking sheet in the freezer for 20mins.

5. Bake in a preheated oven @ 170C for 20mins.

Chocolate flavour 
 
 
 Original flavour

Be creative & decorate the cookies as desired (you can add mini candies/chocolates inside the ice cream cone as surprises for kids before adding 'one or two scoop' of cookies) 

At the same time, I also tried out this Hazelnut Chocolate Cookies recipe by one of my good friends, Doris @ 'Tested & Tasted' from the same book. However, I did a few changes to the recipe based on the ingredients I have at home. I used chopped pecans & Reese's peanut butter chips instead. My whole kitchen is filled with nuts aroma when I baked these cookies. These cookies are addictive & sweetness is well balanced with the slightly salty peanut butter chips.

Do hop over to Doris blog for her recipe if you are a Nutella fan. I'm sure these cookies will definitely be a hit in your family *^_^*

No comments:

Post a Comment