This is my first time using Taiwan Premium Brand ~ Blue Jacket Baguette Flour (水手牌法國麵包專用粉). This flour is milled from top grades Canadian hard red spring wheat (CWRS) & is suitable for baking baguette & sourdoughs etc. The baguettes will have a rich flavor, crusty texture outside & great holes on the inside if this Baguette Flour are used. Well, how true is that? Let me find out by baking some Mentaiko baguettes!
210g cold water
1/2 tsp instant yeast
1/2 tsp salt
*mixed together & put in fridge for later use
1. Dough: Put all ingredients into a mixer fitted with a dough hook. Knead till a
dough is formed. Check for windowpane test. Proof dough for 1hr.
2. De-gas dough & transfer on a lightly floured surface.
Divide into 3 equal portions & let the doughs rest for 15mins.
3. Shaped the doughs & placed on a baguette tray.
Proof for 1hr.
4. Score the top of the loaves. Bake in a preheated oven at 200-220C for 15mins.
(I put my baguette tray on the middle rack of oven & pour a cup of ice cubes into a tray on the bottom rack. The ice will create a burst of steam that will give the baguette a nice crispy crust)
I love the crusty outer skin & holes inside the baguette =)
What do you think?
5. Slice baguette into half lengthwise & spread some mentaiko mixture on top.
Sprinkle a bit of dried parsley & bake at 180C for 3mins.
Enjoy! Super delicious, super addictive *^_^*