200g Blue Jacket Plain Flour
10g icing sugar
80g Cowhead salted cold butter
170g Blue Jacket Plain flour
10g matcha powder
1 can Japanese red bean paste
1 packet ready to eat chestnutsMethod
1. water dough: sift flour & icing sugar in a mixing bowl. Add butter into the flour mixture using fingertips until mixture turns into crumbs. Add in water to form a soft, non-sticky dough. Cover & set aside for 20mins.
2. oil dough: sift flour & matcha powder in a mixing bowl. Add in oil & mix to form a soft, non sticky dough. Cover & set aside for 20mins.
3. Divide both water & oil dough into 10 portion each. Flatten 1 piece of water dough & wrap 1 portion of oil dough in it. Pinch to seal edges.
4. Using a rolling pin, roll it flat into long strip. Roll up like a swiss roll, then turn the dough 90 degrees, with the end facing up. Roll again into a long thin strip & roll up like a swiss roll. Cut the dough in the middle into 2 equal pieces. With the cut side facing down , flatten the dough, making edges slightly thinner than the centre. Wrap filling & pinch lightly to seal.
5. Baked in a preheated oven at 180C for 15mins.
Verdict: I can't seem to slice them nicely as the skin is too flaky & crispy! Very yummy & addictive.
Post a Comment