Kinako Chiffon Cake
(Recipe adapted & modify from Okashi)
50g plain flour
5 egg yolks
20g brown sugar
60g vegetable oil
50g soy bean powder (kinako)
5 eggs whites
1. In a bowl, combine egg yolks & brown sugar & mix well. Add water & oil & blend together.
2. Add sifted flour & kinako. Mix till combined.
3. Beat egg whites until foamy. Add sugar gradually & beat until stiff peaks.
4. Add 1/3 of meringue into egg yolk mixture & fold in lightly. Then add remaining meringue & fold to incorporate completely.
5. Pour batter into a tube pan. Bake in a preheated oven @ 160 degrees for 50mins.
You can also find Kinako (Soy Bean Powder) in 'Daiso'. Give this a try, I am sure you will get hook to this light chiffon & ask for more again!