Christmas Fruit Cake(Recipe adapted from Anncoo Journal）
500g mixed fruit
2 Tbsp orange juice
*Combine everything & let it soak overnight in the fridge.
200g plain flour + 1 tsp baking powder
100g chopped walnuts
Orange juice& zest from 1 orange
2. Add in eggs one by one, beat well after each addition. Add in orange juice & zest. Mix well.
3. Sift flour into the butter mixture & beat on low speed until no clumps are seen.
4. Fold soaked fruits & all the remaining liquid into the batter. Add in nuts.
6. Pour batter into pan & bake in a preheated oven @160C for 40mins.
7. Remove cake from oven & immediately drizzle Rum over hot cake.
See, I added in a big 'Christmas tree' on top of the cake