Christmas Fruit Cake(Recipe adapted from Anncoo Journal）
500g mixed fruit
2 Tbsp orange juice
*Combine everything & let it soak overnight in the fridge.
200g plain flour + 1 tsp baking powder
100g chopped walnuts
Orange juice& zest from 1 orange
2. Add in eggs one by one, beat well after each addition. Add in orange juice & zest. Mix well.
3. Sift flour into the butter mixture & beat on low speed until no clumps are seen.
4. Fold soaked fruits & all the remaining liquid into the batter. Add in nuts.
6. Pour batter into pan & bake in a preheated oven @160C for 40mins.
7. Remove cake from oven & immediately drizzle Rum over hot cake.
See, I added in a big 'Christmas tree' on top of the cake
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #38 - Boozy-licious hosted by Jaslin of Foodie Baker
The slices are neatly cut! Just wondering if the cake texture is crunmbly? Btw, you make lovely cakes!
yes, thanks for your kind words. Yup, the cake is slightly crumbly =)
Hi Cathy, your fruit cake looks very moist and delicious! Thank you for submitting it to Aspiring Bakers!
Post a Comment