Saturday, September 9, 2017
Caramel Brownie Brittle
(recipe adapted from here)
1/2 cup oil
2/3 cups fine sugar ( I reduced slightly)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp instant coffee powder
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup Blue Jacket Plain Flour
1. In a mixing bowl, whisk oil & sugar together. Whisk in egg, vanilla, salt & coffee powder till combined.
2. Stir in sifted flour & cocoa powder till combined.
3. Spread the batter thinly onto a tray with silpat mat. Sprinkle in caramel bits.
4. Bake in a preheated oven @ 170C for 20mins.
5. Once out from oven, cut into smaller pieces & allow them to cool. The pieces will harden.