Tuesday, September 13, 2016
Happy Mid-Autumn Festival
(recipe adapted from HHB)
90g Blue Jacket Plain Flour
10g cocoa powder/matcha powder
70g golden syrup
2ml alkaline water
25ml vegetable oil
420g green bean paste
1. Place plain flour in a mixing bowl, make a well in the centre. Add in golden syrup, alkaline water & oil. Mix with a spatula to form a soft dough. Gently knead the dough till smooth. Wrap with cling wrap & leave in fridge to rest for 2 hours.
2. Dust work surface with some flour. Give the dough a few light kneading to smooth it. Divide dough into 15g pieces. Shape each dough into a ball. Roll each dough over some flour. Dust hand with flour & flatten each dough. Wrap in filling & shape it into a ball.
3. Lightly dust the wrapped dough with some flour. Place it in the mooncake mould & press the mooncake out. Place mooncake on a silpat mat.
4. Spray some water on the mooncakes. Bake at preheated oven at 170C for 10mins. Remove from oven & leave to cool for 15mins. Return to oven & continue to bake until golden brown.
5. Leave mooncake to cool completely & store in air tight containers. Wait for 2~3 days for the mooncakes to 回油 (for the skin to soften) before serving.
*Do refer Anncoo Journal for Piggy Mooncakes