Gula Melaka Cheesecake
(recipe adapted from here)
100g digestive biscuits (crushed)
60g Cowhead salted butter, melted
200g gula Melaka (chopped)
50ml Cowhead UHT milk
450g Cowhead Cream Cheese
25g corn flour
200g dairy whipping cream
Caramelized mixed nuts
50g cashew nuts
80g fine sugar
2 Tbsp Cowhead UHT milk
1 Tbsp water
*In a non-stick pan, heat sugar until dissolved & caramelize. Add in milk, water & stir well. Remove from heat, add in toasted nuts & toss well.
1. Crust: Mix crushed biscuits & melted butter until well combined. Press the mixture into a 8″ pan chill for later use.
2. Filling: Put gula melaka & milk into a saucepan, stir & cook with low heat until the gula melaka has dissolved. Remove from heat, strain & leave to cool.
3. Beat cream cheese & mixture 2 with high speed until fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Sift in corn flour, add in whipping cream & mix well.
5. Pour the filling into the crust & steam-bake in the preheated oven at 150c for 70mins. Remove and leave to cool. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
6. Unmold the cake & arrange caramelized mixed nuts on top.