Sunday, January 21, 2018
Desiccated Coconut Butter Cake
(recipe adapted from Ng SK)
115g salted butter, soften
75g fine sugar
2 egg yolks
100g Blue Jacket Cake Flour
1 tsp baking powder
3 egg whites
1. Cream butter & sugar till light & fluffy. Add in yolks & whisk till combined.
2. Sift in flour & baking powder, alternate with milk. Whisk till batter is smooth & combined.
3. Whisk egg whites till frothy. Add in sugar & continue to whisk till soft peak. Put 1/2 of the egg white mixture in egg yolk batter & whisk on low speed. Pour the balance egg whites in & fold.
4. Pour some batter into prepared pan, add some coconut fillings & top with more batter. Repeat this process twice.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 160C for 35mins.