Saturday, February 18, 2017

Rock Cakes


Rock Cakes
(recipe adapted from here)

Ingredients: 
200g Blue Jacket Plain Flour 
100g Cowhead salted butter, cold
50 g fine sugar
150g dried mixed fruits (I soaked with Cointreau for 2days)
1 egg 
2 Tbsp lemon juice 
1 tsp baking powder

Method:
1. In a bowl, add the butter & flour. Use fingertips to rub the butter & flour till they resembles bread crumbs. Add in the mixed fruits & sugar. Use a fork to stir till well mixed. Add in egg follow by lemon juice.
2. Use a fork to lightly & swiftly mixed it until it form a sticky dough. Using a cookie scoop, drop the cookie dough onto the silpat mat.  
3. Bake in a pre-heated oven of 200C for 20mins.
  
Verdict: Simply addictive. This little rock cakes brought back many old memories. This is the first bake that were taught in Home Economics class years ago. I could still remember that I was afraid of the oven/stove heat in the past & during my Home Economics baking/cooking classes, I would ask my partner for help. Times flies, I'm sure my Home Economics teacher will be proud of me knowing that I could bake/cook all by myself now. Hehehe :P

No comments:

Post a Comment