Basic Swiss Roll
(Recipe adapted & modify from 孟老师的美味蛋糕卷)
5 egg yolks
20g fine sugar
40g vegetable oil
80g Blue Jacket Plain Flour
5 egg whites
80g fine sugar
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar, vegetable oil & milk until combined. Sift in flour & mix until smooth & well combined.
2. Remove few spoonfuls of egg yolk batter into different bowls & add colourings as desired.
3. In another bowl, beat eggs whites until soft peaks. Add sugar slowly & continue beating until egg whites are nearly stiff.
4. Remove few spoonfuls of egg whites batter & add into (2) & mix well. Put batter into piping bag & pipe out/colour the 'picture'.
5. Bake the 'picture' in a preheated oven @ 180C for 1-2mins.
6. Fold 1/3 of egg whites mixture into egg yolk mixture. Add the rest of the egg whites & fold gently to obtain a smooth batter.
7. Pour batter over the partially bake picture. Bake in a preheated oven @ 180 deg C for 11mins.
Post a Comment