(Recipe adapted & modify from here)
1/3 cup cornmeal
2 cups flour
1 packet of instant oatmeal (cinnamon & spice)
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
3/4 cup chocolate milk
Peanut butter to spread on scones
1. Whisk flour, cornmeal, oatmeal, sugar & baking powder in a big bowl.
2. Whisk egg & milk together in a small bowl.
3. Add (2) into (1) until the dough comes together. Transfer to a lightly floured surface, knead the dough gently a few times & roll dough into about 2cm thick. Use a cookie cutter (I use a wine glass instead) to cut out the dough.
5. Brush the top of scones with milk.
6. Bake in a preheated oven of 4000F for 15mins.
This is the packet of oatmeal I used. The cinnamon & spice add flavors to the scones =)
Healthy breakfast to start the day