Steamed Pumpkin Buns with Red Bean Paste
(Recipe adapted & modify from Nasi Lemak Lover)
150g mashed pumpkin
225g plain flour
1 Tbsp sugar
1/3 tsp salt
yeast water (set aside for 5mins to bloom)
1 Tbsp water
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp instant yeast
Red Bean Paste Filling
Pumkin skin- cut into small piece to make as pumpkin’s stem
1. Add in all ingredients & yeast water in a mixing bowl. Knead till smooth dough. Rest for 60mins.
2. Knock down dough to expel some air, transfer to a lightly floured surface & knead for a while.
3. Weigh out 30g of dough & roughly shape into a ball. Rest for 10mins.
4. Weight red bean paste 15g & lightly shape into ball.
5. Fatten & roll out the dough into a circle. Wrap in fillings & seal up.
6. Use a spatula, mark from top & lightly press down towards bottom, keep a small gap in between, repeat this step till whole dough ball finished. Place a small piece of pumpkin at the middle & lightly press down.
7. Place the pumpkin buns onto a piece of greaseproof paper. Rest for another 10mins.
8. Lightly mark bun with spatula again (to sharpen the pattern) before steaming the buns for about 15mins.