(Recipe adapted & modified from Carol 烘焙新手必备的第一本书)
45g egg whites
50g castor sugar
65g almond meal
60g icing sugar
1/2 Tbsp green tea powder
- Combine & lightly whisk almond meal, icing sugar & green tea powder in a bowl.
- Place egg whites in a clean mixing bowl. Using an electrical whisk, whisk egg whites until foamy, add in half of the castor sugar & whisk until soft peaks forms. Add in remaining castor sugar & whisk until the egg white mixture becomes shiny & stiff peaks.
- Fold in half of the dry ingredients into the egg whites batter until just combined, fold in the remaining dry ingredients until thoroughly combined, be careful not to over mix the mixture.
- Pour the batter into a piping bag fitted with a plain nozzle, pipe the batter into whatever size & shape you wished.
- Rap the baking tray hard, a few times on the floor to spread the batter slightly.
- Set it aside for the shells' surface to dry up.
- Preheat oven to 200C, slide the tray of dried macarons into the oven, off the heat immediately & keep the oven door ajar with a thick glove placed in between, for 6mins.
- Once the 6mins is up, close the oven door . Bake the macarons at 140C for 5mins & lower the heat to 100C & bake for 15mins again.
- Remove from oven and let it cool completely before removing from the parchment paper. Fill with fillings of your own choice & keep in airtight containers inside the refrigerate for 1 day before serving.
I'm submitting this to the Aspiring Bakers #4 Love is in the air (Feb 2011) hosted by Ellena of Cuisine Paradise