Monday, November 1, 2010

Strawberry swiss roll


I tried a new recipe for my swiss roll cake base today. I got to know that it is called 'Separated Egg Foam/Sponge Cake' from Bakertan's blog.

My egg yolks are mixed with the dry ingredients until smooth while the egg whites are beaten to 'stiff peaks'. Finally, the beaten egg whites are folded into the egg yolk batter. I realized this method yielded a even softer cake texture compared to my usual way of making swiss roll cake base. It also made my 'rolling' easier without any cracks.

Notice the little pink heart in the middle of the swiss roll? It is actually a strawberry yoghurt jelly. By the way, could anyone enlighten me how much whipped cream should I spread if I am using a 14x11 tray? It seems that I am always too liberal with my whipped cream ;P

My hubby commented that the swiss roll is extremely soft & nice. I will definitely make this again in future :)

3 comments:

crustabakes said...

I am so totally adoring the little heart in the middle of the whipped cream. How did u do it?

CaThY said...

Oh,I juz made some pink yoghurt jellies & wrapped them inside the swiss roll. *^_^*

CaThY said...

I am so totally adoring the little heart in the middle of the whipped cream. How did u do it?

Post a Comment