Monday, September 13, 2010

Opps! What's that?



I am not really a fan of bananas. Just because my hubby was sick for the past few days & had poor appetite, he did not touched any of those bananas given by his mum. This morning, I noticed that the bananas are overripe with black spots on their skin. Hmm... I was wondering what should I do with them? Banana milkshake? Nah, I had already tried that before.

I remembered 'Bakertan' (from baking libary) did a banana chocolate cake recently. Oh well, it sounds great since I wanted to finish up my chocolates too. I did some modifications to his recipe.
My end product was totally different from his - I added chocolates into my batter instead & placed some sliced bananas in between the layers of batter & the top.

I checked for the doneness of my bake after 1hr. I sliced & sampled my bake after sometime later. I guess I wouldn't call my bake a cake as the texture was soft & moist just like pudding on top while the bottom was like the bread crust. It really resembles bread pudding except that mine was exceptional black due to the dark chocolates which I had added in. On the whole, it still tasted good with a strong banana fragrance with the rich chocolate.

2 comments:

wendyywy @ Table for 2..... or more said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
I remember Bakertan's version.
Yours look good too!

CaThY said...

Tks Wendy for yr kind words! Btw, yr blog is really fantastic *^_^*

Post a Comment