Saturday, September 11, 2010

Matcha & red bean swiss roll


It had been a month since I last baked swiss roll - not because they are difficult to bake but because there is no promise that I can 'roll' them up nicely everytime.

My technique of rolling was not quite successful today. I admitted being the culprit as I am too liberal when spreading my whipped cream onto the cake. I did not spread red bean paste all over the cake as I thought it will be too sweet together with the whipped cream. Instead, I only rolled the red bean paste into 3 long strips & added on top of the cream. It resulted in a thick layer of fillings & made my rolling a challenge.

Though the swiss roll may not be pretty in physical, they tasted really good. Matcha & red bean do make a good couple *^_^*

No comments:

Post a Comment