Thursday, September 16, 2010

Matcha Red Bean Loaf


I love the combination of matcha & red bean & decided to make a bread loaf today. Sad to say that I do not own a proper loaf tin & thus resulted in an irregular shape loaf. I baked it for a good 40mins before it became a nice even brown colour. I was quite happy with my loaf until I sliced it into half.

I was dismayed to see a 'tunnel' formed just underneath the crust. Probably I did not roll it tight enough & therefore resulted in those air pockets? Nevertheless, the bread tasted very soft with a light matcha taste.

Well, what could be nicer to eat than your own home made bread over a cup of matcha tea? *^_^*

5 comments:

Adrian Lee said...

I am not a bread expert.. but i definitely do think the bread looks lovely with the air pocket :D

CaThY said...

Hahaha tks ah Adrian. But by right should have no air pockets.... ;P

CaThY said...

Hahaha tks ah Adrian. But by right should have no air pockets.... ;P

bla blabla said...

I love your tea-bowl, it is so beautyful: sakura and pink that perfect. Love your blog, too. you made so great things i can´t hardly believe. greeting from germany

Cathysjoy said...

bla blabla,
thanks for your kind words :)

Post a Comment